Sunday, July 19, 2009

Random things in my mind

Sitting in Old Town Cafe for 5 hours is not a good idea to spend my offday .. BUT, what can I do in my room? with a hole on the ceiling and rats might come down anytime? Complained so much to the staff quarter's management but it seems like nothing happens after all? Hmmm ...

I wonder? perhaps guys like me tends to become more picky about their living environment? or Sabahan are less care about their surrounding? Seriously, I cant accept it ... I dont mind living in my place but, RATS ? hell no for me

Working here in Sabah really makes a big doubt in my mind, I've always have the thinking of elegant and cool working condition when it comes to a 5-star hotel. But perhaps i'm in a resort so things are totally different? Or.. malaysian standard of hotel can't compare with others?

Yesterday morning, I've see the news of JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton bombing case in Jakarta .. ive thinking of working in other countries, but if im in this hotel line .. this can be a risk for me .. Ugh, what a pain .. I've come so far in my journey and made so many major decision .. still I cant figure out what the best? From my point of view, people tends to become 'uneducated' when working in the backlane of hotel ... I really can't figure out who is the rank and file staffs and who is the 'educated' person..

A 45 years old chef but acts like a piece of crap in front of their staffs and ME. Honestly he do not deserve any respect because he himself do not respect people at the first. However, I've receive some good advice from some of the bosses around ... This really sparks the passion of mine which is learning japanese language... actually it's not japanese in particular .. but any foreign language that is very much spoken or used is very beneficial after all...

So he did told me 'Once a person knows more than 7 kind of language. He/She's is very valuable in term of job'. Back at room, I started to think about myself?

What do I know so far? - in term of understanding and speaking

- English
- Malay
- Mandarin
- Cantonese
- Hokkien
- Hakka (abit)
- French (very basic)
- Japanese ( very basic, learnt from animes but still find it hard to use)

So i understand a bit of these language ...

After my graduation, Learning japanese course is a must for me already .. and in the same i will try to learn more about tourism and marketing. I believe that as long as we have the determination .. nothing is a big problem after all.

btw, Harry Potter starts at 5.45pm. makan first xD

No comments: