Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Staying at Room Service Department

As I'm doing my internship here im Nexus Resort Karambunai, I've choosen approximately .. 3 month of FnB and my final month in Front Office. Out of sudden the HR assistant told me that they have another trainee in HR department so I am literally 'dumped' to other department...

Sigh, that moment I was thinking .. which department should I go? Housekeeping? Hell NO. Kitchen? no, no, no, no, and NO.. Part of it because of I hate to do job that face dead things ... No offence but .. what's the point of working with carrot and bed? I rather have a job that face new people everyday.. part of it is Hospitality industry sometimes troublesome as they're intangible and shits do happen all the time. But for me, there's not a big problem as long as you have the ability to act or wayang ( that's a normal term among sabahan) with the guest.

So .. after thinking for a while, I replied Michelle, the HR assistant with a smile ' I guess I will continue to stay in FnB department until end of this month ' . Among all the outlets I choose room service department to spend my final 3 weeks as a replacement of going to HR department.

What comes to my mind when I'm choosing all these outlets?

The Penyu (coffee house) - Hell no, working there is just lifeless .. omg there's NOTHING to learn, seriously

Noble House (chinese rest) - A yes for me, honestly that was a great experience working there.. the boss is nice, the chef is nice, the staff is nice.. perhaps being together with chinese is good after all .. hmm .. not being racist. and a NO for Split Shift. I just wanna normal direct shift

Kingfisher (malaysian cuisine) - Nasi Lemak? Chapati? Why the hell do I need to be there?

Olive's (Fine Dining) - That's a good place actually .. 100% courtesy, classy, very professional and friendly staff, good cuisine. BUT insulting, rude, pathetic chef. I am fucking annoyed by this son of a bitch and I SWEAR I wont go back there though there are so many good point of this outlet.

Darlin' Darlin and Horizon - Basically this 2 is just a pub-like restaurant with no specialty except for cocktails. Not interested

Splashes poolside bar - Serving cocktail and mocktail .. but hot and very harsh environment... confirm get tanned in just a few days ..

Sunset Bar and Grill - I've done 2 weeks of bartendering training and I love the bartender very much ... He even taught me his award winning cocktail. Seriously I salute this guy.. BUT the service staff there takes me for granted. They simply ask me to do unnecessary things, do a bartender required to refill the cutleries in a outlet? and all those slave-like work.

No doubt, room service is still the best. No split shift, no boss watching or nagging you around when youre working, you can run around the hotel, you can drive buggy, cool staffs, what else you want? Now I trully understand why Jackson ( my senior) stayed at room service department for 3 months.

No comments: